Friday, April 15, 2011

Farewell to my old Pharmacy

Starting May 1, when I'm on Medicare, I'll no longer be using Express Scripts, the mail-in pharmacy that I've been using the past few years. Oh, how I "won't" miss them and their friendly calls umpteen times a month while we're eating dinner.
"Hello. Is this the....Tabler household? yes or no?"
Yes.
"And just to verify....is this Mary? yes or no?"
Yes.
"And just to verify...please give us your date of birth. For instance, if your date of birth is May 1, 1876, please state, 05/01/1876.
I give my date of birth.
"We have important information for you. Your prescription for such and such will need to be refilled soon."
And then they go on with instructions.

Then they call to let me know for this same prescription when they're filling it, they call when they're getting ready to mail it, and when it's been mailed. I have 5 prescription drugs and they do this for each one. You get the picture. When I told them I wanted the automatic refill process, I thought they'd just put them in the mail when necessary, end of story. I didn't know I'd get endless calls from them letting me know their every move.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Congratulations on having Medicare, and no more Express Scripts phone calls! Ooo, are you going to have your prescriptions filled at Target so you have another reason to go over and look at all the cute little girl clothes? (Meet ya there).