Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Old Mantel Clock

Brian has a darn good memory. He came by the house the other night and for some reason thought about a clock that used to sit on our mantel. I thought this clock was a figment of his imagination and was sure he was thinking of a clock that was at Dot's house. He remembered that it was square with Roman Numerals. Still didn't ring a bell with me. He said it was on the mantel, except at Christmas when I'd move it to place decorations on the mantel, and then it would sit on the Oak dresser. Okay...but I don't think so.....

So here it is. All it took was getting the old pictures out and presto! Now I remember that clock. And I don't know what happened to it. Maybe it stopped working. Or maybe I just got tired of it. Who knows. The important thing is...I never got tired of my sons, I remember all of them, and I know where they are. So There!

3 comments:

Comma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

Can you tell your newest daughter-in-law I have a good memory...she won't take my word for it.

Mark said...

Oh, I remember that clock. A whole year passed before the chimes stopped annoying me. There was something about the tone that was sort of grating, but I got used to it. Then, not long after I stopped noticing it, John Hofmann was over and he said, "Wow, that clock has a really annoying sound."

Also: Dang, those are sharp outfits!