Saturday, September 8, 2012

Book Titles

I just finished reading The Paris Wife, about Hadley Richardson, the first wife of Ernest Hemingway.  When Bobby asked me what I was reading and I told him The Paris Wife, his comment was, "I guess Kevin won't be interested in reading that."  Because as some of you know, Kevin told some of us quite awhile back that if  someone's only claim to fame is she's someone's wife, why would he want to read about her.  Point taken.  Although, if there were a book called Big Bad Bob's Wife, can't you just see it being a best seller.  And it got me to thinking, as I was reading this book, about how many books I've read with wife in the title - quite a few, I think.  Right off I can remember The Shoemaker's Wife and the Time Traveler's Wife.  I know there have been more, but I can't recall right off what they were.  I don't remember ever seeing a book titled something or other's Husband.  You know....The First Lady's Husband, The Accountant's Husband, The Olympian's Husband.  So why are there so many "wife" titles out there.   But I'll probably keep reading them occasionally; the ones I've read have been fairly interesting.

No comments: