Friday, April 17, 2009

Earthquake anniversary

Tomorrow, April 18 is the one year anniversary of the earthquake. At approximately 5:30 a.m. many of us woke up to rattling windows, rumbling, etc. one year ago. Now, if I was daddy, I'd tell you what the temperature was and if it was raining or not. However, the reason I know the earthquake anniversary is I've got it marked on my calendar. And the funny thing is, I thought we were having a repeat this morning around 4:30. I kept hearing a rumbling, which went on and on and on. It was keeping me awake for the longest time. I finally got up and looked and could see continuous planes in the sky. I think UPS was extremely busy taking off this morning. I kept thinking how many planes could they have? 20? 30? (just kidding) Anyway, my morning started early today, so we're going out for breakfast. Pretty good!

Happy earthquake anniversary. And tomorrow morning at 10:00 and 11:00 is Erin and Jill's first soccer games. Should be a lot of fun - and interesting to watch. I say Jill will be an aggressive little soccer player once she learns what to do - Bobby doesn't think so. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the planes were part of Thunder. I've been hearing them too.

Brian said...

I think it was the big transport planes for Thunder. I am still very bitter about not feeling that earthquake.