Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Gallon of Paint

My gallon of paint didn't stretch far enough. I can't believe it. For years I've hated the blue color of the wall going up the steps, and I finally painted it, a pale pale green. And I also extended it to the ceiling in the upstairs hallway. I intended to do that little patch of wall in the downstairs hall across from the bathroom, and I can't believe I didn't have enough paint. Of course, that really is a lot of wall, especially considering it took two coats. Well, I'm going to look through our paint cabinet and see if there's something I can use for that little hallway wall, and if not, I guess I'll purchase a little more paint. But I have to say, looking upstairs is quite an improvement over that tacky blue that used to be on the wall. I think 12 years was long enough to live with a color I didn't like. Maybe in the spring I'll tackle the kitchen again. Maybe.

4 comments:

Bad Bob said...

12 years? You've lived with me for 42 years and you don't like that, so 12 years is not that long.

Mark said...

If you asked me what the colors were in each room of your house, I wouldn't be able to name a single one. In fact, I can barely do it for my own home.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Mark, I would tell you the color of the walls in every room in your house, and of the shower curtain, and other curtains or blinds, and covers on Erins and Jills' beds, etc. etc. etc. But Dad couldn't tell you the colors of the walls in our house either, I'd be willing to bet, maybe not even when he's looking at them. I've always thought he's a little color blind.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

That "would" should be "could."