Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine

This is a valentine that daddy sent to Dot - I have no idea what year. On the back he wrote, "I'm sorry I didn't get you that funny valentine you wanted." And he's drawn an arrow to the cat and wrote that the cat is about to have a fit. I love old time cards, they hold such charm.

Anyway, not to be outdone by my poet sons, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm so talented!
This little girl's dress is red.
This little girl's plate is blue.
The cat on this card is yellow.
wait...I'm going to start again.

Valentine's Day is for lovers.
Not necessarily true.
Children especially celebrate
darn...the last line throws me. I'll try again.

Hearts, chocolate, roses,
Stores are bringing in the cash.
But the truest way to show your love
is simply...well...

here I go..one more time...

Some crayons are red.
Some crayons are blue.
Sugar is sweet.
And I love you. There! I knew I could do it.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Hee! You are such a card...wasn't it you who first told Erin "if at first you don't succeed, try try again?" Way to go, Mimi.