Monday, January 19, 2009

The Coldest I Ever Was In My Life

When it was 1 below here Friday morning, it reached 19 below in Columbus -- poor Julie & Jit. And this reminded me of one of my visits to Julies years ago. I'm not sure of the year, but I know I went alone, drove our pick-up-truck, and sleeping that night was the coldest night of my life. I tried to get out of bed, needing more blankets, but my legs were frozen in place.I was unsuccessful at screaming for help because my teeth wouldn't quit chattering. I swore to Julie the next morning that I couldn't have been any colder if I'd spent the night in the back of the pick-up.She laughed, insisting that I was stretching the truth a tad. So, hearing about those frigid temperatures in Columbus reminded me of the coldest night of my life.. funny thing - no one else in the house was cold that night. Go figure.

1 comment:

Mark said...

You must have spent the night in the haunted East Wing. The spirits are restless there, and cold spots are everywhere.