Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nothing Special To Blog About

It's like I figured, I've not much to blog about. We had Erin & Jill yesterday and as usual, they entertained all afternoon. I'm working on an applique quilt (Aunt Millie's Flower Garden) - my first attempt at applique, and if all goes well, I'll complete this project by my 82nd birthday. That gives me another 20 years.

I'm reading I Know This Much Is True, mostly waiting for two books I have on reserve at the library. And I'm learning to meditate at the Earth & Spirits Center - hopefully. I certainly have what Father Joe calls The untrained mind. That's one of the fun things about getting older --plenty of time for quilting, walking, reading, meditating, (or trying), playing with Erin & Jill, or just whatever. Today I'm going to Erin's ballet class. And then to the hospital again to visit Uncle George. He's back in the hospital again for the same problem, hopefully for just a one or two day visit. (I'll call you, Julie, and fill you in).

If anyone didn't catch Letterman last night or see his clips on Morning Joe this morning, try to go on line and find it. He was sooooo funny. He had a very uncooperative guest, - the guy who played Johnny Cash - (I don't know how to spell this) Joaquin??? Phoenix. This guy was spaced out, just chewing his gum, not into being interviewed at all. and Letterman was very funny.
One final thought - I don't think anyone in our family lost power last night with these gusty winds. Congratulations to all of us.

No comments: