Sunday, December 6, 2009

This Much I Know Is True
















This much I know is true: I've apparently truly lost my mind. Yesterday I went hiking when the high temperature was 37 degrees. 37 degrees!!!
Did you hear that - 37!!!! Erin's school had a hike and marshmallow roast, and Bobby and I said sure, we'd come, sounds like fun. Actually, it was fun, and I didn't get cold until the last 15 minutes or so. Each child had an envelope with certain items to find while they were hiking, i.e. grass seeds, berries, etc., and after the hike they roasted marshmallows and had hot chocolate. On the way back to the car, however, Jill said her feet were so cold that they hurt. I've never known Erin to be that cold. She wouldn't even zip her coat, although she did put the hot pockets in her shoes on the way back to the car. Now that couldn't have been too comfortable. It was a fun afternoon.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

The picture of Erin standing by herself hold her envelope. Check out the twisting tree branch. Actually it's some type of vine. It starts at the tree base, twists up, then down almost to the ground, then back over a tree branch and continues on. I pointed it out to Erin and it made her giggle. That's why I had to take this picture.

Judith Bowman said...

ML! Hiking in 37 degrees?! Wow. Now, that's just impressive. And these pictures are really fun too.