Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ice Storm Anniversary


One year ago today the ice storm hit! It sure is easy to take for granted the warmth and conveniences we have everyday - until we don't have them. Eight days of no electricity was eight days too many. Of course, we took refuge at Brian's one night, and Mark's and Kim's the other nights, so we were comfortable, and thankful. But let's not have a repeat of that.
And for all of you having to get around, have a safe drive home. This half inch of snow this morning made a mess of the city, didn't it? These goofy meteorologists have me tuning in frequently to see what their updated predictions are for the next snow later in the week. Is it going north of here? South of here? Two to four inches? Could be ten inches! Could miss us completely! Could be snow & sleet! I don't rush out for the bread and milk, but they do keep me tuned in.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

This afternoon was no problem at all, but I can confirm that the morning commute was a dangerous mess. Luckily, there is no traffic at 6 in the morning, but I had to stay under 35 most of the way (on 264 and 64), and I slid past two of my turns at less than 5 mph.
There was no 'snow' on the roads, but it was incredibly slick.