Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Thoughts

Just because I feel like blogging:
1. Mark, Kevin, and Brian's list would probably be more entertaining than mine.
2. It won't be long before the honeybelle/minneola oranges are available - yum.
3. Hopefully, this snowfall wasn't the big one for the 09'/10' winter.
4. Fruit from Paul's is much better than from Krogers. Why do I keep purchasing it from Krogers?
5. The news from the new year seems to be a repeat from the old year.
6. I miss Monk on Friday night.
7. When I close my eyes at night, I can make weird images appear and float around. I have no control over what the images are, though. Sometimes it's flowers or fireworks, sometimes scary faces or even images with sharp edges, such as squares, triangles. Does anyone else do this?
8. Ben called two nights ago. Derby week will be here sooner than we think. Sooner than we think. Sooner than we think.
9. I really think living to 98 is too long, even if it's a healthy 98. Poor Uncle George is just having too many problems. I don't want to be here that long, but I don't want to go anytime in the near future.
10. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and it's worth paying a little more for good qualilty. Such as good thread, quilt batting, fabric. I'm sure anyone reading this can add items of his or her own.
11. This is the first time in years and years that I haven't already purchased anything for the following Christmas.
12. Technology is leaving us behind, something Bobby said the other day. But I don't really think it matters.
13. I can end on 13 because I'm not superstitious. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Brian said...

1) This response list will not be as entertaining...but I'll try.
2)I don't know what those are, but they sound good.
3)We'll have an ice storm (but you won't loose power) and a big snowfall in February (from Buckle B's Almanac).
4)Kroger hasn't had good bananas in over a year.
5)Same old stories, different faces (except for Mark McGwire...he's back).
6)Now you can go out boozing again...just like the ol' days.
7)Have before. Can you make them stop or is it out of your control?
8)I already plan on retiring after Derby.
9)He was pretty healthy most of these 98 years!
10)I agree. It's that way with most things. Sometimes it's better to buy one good item and pay a little more than buy a cheaper substitute over and over again.
11)This is the 33rd time in 33 years I haven't.
12)Partially agree, but I do feel by not partaking in some of it one can miss out on some neat experiences.
13)I'm not superstitious either.
14)But why risk it? (says the guy who thinks Pascal is a doofus.

Judith Bowman said...

Love your list! Now about those floating weird images...if they don't go ever away, and/or you can make them do things, Bobby's going to be in a heap of trouble... But if you can make them go to Kroger for milk and groceries, let me know. Seriously, I'll bet it's like a kind of dreaming, and your mind is just busy. I don't experience that, but sometimes when I fall asleep I'll start dreaming like I'm reading a story, then wake myself up "reading" it out loud.

Kevin said...

1) Random thoughts are usually the best thoughts.
2) Why don't I buy oranges very often? I really like them.
3) Hopefully, this was the big snowstorm of the decade.
4) Because Paul's doesn't sell much of anything else so you have to go Krogering anyway.
5) If I hear the word 'bailout' one more time I'm going to punch Diane Rehm.
6) Me too.

7) You guys are weird.
8) I'm fixing ribs and corn bread right now. Not Derby-related, but yum.
9) I plan on living as long as it takes.
10) Quality is important for things that are important to you.
11) There's another Christmas next year? Every year?
12) As long as I have running water, the rest of technology is icing on the cake.
13) Eeck, a ghost!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

In response to Brian's response, I agree - Kroger's bananas have had NO flavor. and regarding the technology - I think it's not as important to Bobby and Me as it is to you all because of our age. I would fully expect that our children (except Kevin, who is content just to have running water) would be more engaged in technology than we are.

KimT said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!
This makes me smile.