Monday, July 12, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I think I'm pretty much convinced there's nothing Kim can't do. Let's face it - she's even delivered a baby. Yes, I mean delivered a baby- when the baby didn't want to wait to go to the hospital, doula Kim was right there. And she certainly knows how to step in when someone is having severe anxiety, and get things done. I know Erin's school wasted no time getting her on their school board. From the outside looking in, I've seen her Top notch work ethic. And I know she's the best mom I know, and believe me, I know lots and lots of wonderful moms. She's surrounded by family and friends who love her (including me). And I could go on and on and on. But this started out just to show you a few of the things Kim's made for me, so I'll resist the temptation to talk further about her. This purse below, she just made for me, even though she's only been sewing for a few weeks. It has a snap closure, a pocket inside, pleats all the way around it, and I love, love the fabric. You wouldn't believe all the things she's already made, and I'm sure I don't even know the half of it. Everyone already knows she can knit anything under the sun. She hit the ground running on her sewing machine - I knew she would.

Now this is a tray Kim painted for me. Notice the quilt pattern - I simply love it. I've had it displayed in the bookcase in our living room since she gave it to me, because that's the best place I have to display things. Painting this must have been so time consuming. I mean, she's not really the artist in the family, but you'd never know it from looking at this tray.

This is a pillow Kim cross-stitched for me. So many tiny, tiny stitches. I love to cross stitch, but not tiny stitches like this. (I'd go blind) I love this pillow, and I'm not sure now how long ago she made it for me. But I do know it's been in a chair, alternating back and forth from the living room and dining room for quite some time now.


3 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

A sweet tribute, Mary Lynn, for a very special young woman...

KimT said...

Good grief Mary Lynn, I don't even know what to say. I can only do even half of what I do because I have such awesome people in my life! XOXOXO

Kevin said...

Who is this Kim person? Have I met her?