Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog Retraction

Yesterday I blogged about unfriendly people on Bardstown Road and on Eastern Parkway. This morning I took another route, using all side streets - Longest, Cherokee Road, Everett, etc. The majority of people smiled, nodded or said hello. I passed one guy on my way home in the midcity parking lot who had a dog getting into a recycling bin - the guy was busy bending over talking to his dog, so I just walked right on by not saying anything. After I'd passed, the guy yelled, "Good Morning." I guess he thought me to be rather unfriendly. The people on the side streets seem friendlier. Here's Bobby's theory. If you say hello to the people on Bardstown Road, they figure you're going to ask them for a handout, so they just keep they're eyes straight ahead. Point taken. (Did you get your red pen out, Judy? Want to make a correction? Tee hee hee. If you don't get this, you'll have to read my comment.

3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Judy had a comment on facebook regarding they're, their and there. Apparently the misuse of these disturbs her. And me, too, for that matter.

Judith Bowman said...

Ha! Well, this is what I figure: when it comes to blogs, a person should be able to wright on there blog however they want too.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Your wright, Judy. They should be able two.