Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Movie Night

Monday evening, Bobby and I saw The Jerk at Iroquois Amphitheater, and after about 20 minutes, moved to different seats because we had a few "jerks" sitting in the row right behind us. This woman laughed obnoxiously loud constantly...I mean constantly....I mean constantly. And from the beginning of the movie, she loudly recited Steve Martin's lines before he did. Every one of them. I don't know if she was showing off that she had the movie memorized or what her problem was, but 20 minutes was all I could take. And who in his or her right mind would see this movie enough times to get all the lines memorized? Which brings me to another point. So far this summer, I've seen Stripes - which on a scale of 1 to 10 get a minus 8 or so. It's absolutely one of the dumbest, most boring, asinine movies I've ever sat through. Then we saw Raiders of the Lost Ark; then The Jerk. (these were all freebies) So in my book, After sitting through these 3 movies, I've racked up some points. I figure with those points I can either take Bobby to the movie of my choice sometime, or toss my name in the lottery hoping to get into the public school of my choice. Looks like Bobby's the Winner! Or loser, he's thinking.---------------------
A few other notes:
I've lost my watch, and I don't think I'm going to get used to being without one. Guess I'll have to replace it. Kevin thinks when I replace it, the old one will show up. We'll see.

Had some one on one time with Erin this afternoon which I enjoyed tremendously. I picked her up at school, then we got something to eat. She talked about school, her friends, etc, and it was just very enjoyable. We've been having Jill at our house occasionally after school, and I get a chance to talk to her a little more than I do Erin. So this seemed like a special treat to me.

I've finished cross-stitching a quilt that I think will be pretty on my bed at Christmas, though it's not a Christmas quilt. I'm getting ready to sandwich it together, and then start quilting it. Then I'll start appliqueing my ice cream cone quilt. Guess that's all.

7 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

Hope you got to enjoy some of the movie! I always thought (to myself) that the title of a person's favorite movie tells you something about that person. Hmmm...

Can't wait to see your new quilts... they sound delicious!

Kevin said...

Apparently, I'm not in my right mind.

Bad Bob said...

East is East and West is West and there are Guy Flicks and there are Chick Flicks and never the twain shall meet....

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Maybe, Kevin.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I mean, maybe not, Kevin.

Brian said...

"St. Louis?"
"No, Navin Johnson."
"No...are you going to St. Louis?"
Oh...YEAH!"


haha...gets me every time.

Judith Bowman said...

I was referring to Obnoxious Woman sitting behind you. You know, apparently that was her favorite movie with all her reciting and guffawing, so she was a jerk, and...oh well, it's not a very good joke if you have to explain the punch line. Sorry.