Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Morning Walk

My walk this morning took me on my usual route; up Goddard, left on Baxter to Grinstead, down to Bardstown Road, down Bardstown Road to Eastern Parkway, right on Eastern Parkway, right on Baxter and back down Goddard to home. The only 2things of interest I noticed is that from Midcity Mall to Eastern Parkway on Bardstown Road there appeared to be a dried red stain splattered along the walks. If I didn't know better, I'd think this was evidence of a Zombie attack, but that just couldn't be. The other thing I found somewhat interesting is how many people I can pass on the street who don't acknowledge me at all. At the bus stop on Eastern Pkwy & Bardstown Road there were 3 people waiting for a bus, all 3 sitting in the bus shelter. I looked at all 3 of them, prepared to say good morning. The first man never looked up from his laptop. The second man was jiving back & forth to something - maybe some music going in his ears? he never looked at me. The third was a young lady - maybe 30, who stared glassy eyed towards the street at who knows what - I'm thinking she was a zombie who only made it as far as that bus stop. Some people smile when I pass and say hello, but a good many don't acknowledge a hello at all. How rude. I'm wondering if anyone else encounters the same thing.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

I love it when someone smiles or waves when I'm walking or riding my bike. When I'm walking, alot of folks I pass don't even look up... but usually I say hello anyway. I'm guessing some people weren't brought up to be friendly, some don't care. But I love it when they do...