Monday, June 8, 2009

Just Checking In

I'm almost done with my next quilt block - haven't really worked too much on it lately. I did, however, paint a little doll bunkbed for Erin & Jill to play with - one that I purchased at a yardsale last summer for 50 cents. I already had the yellow paint and fabric and stuffing for the mattresses, & it turned out really cute. And it's amazing how much I've managed to pull out of closets and drawers upstairs for our yardsale this upcoming weekend, and I have it all priced. Now we have to start pricing all the junk piled in the basement and getting it somewhat organized.

The weather's great - actually hot enough for me to walk every day. I love it. Speaking of hot - tomorrow is Grandparents' day at the waterpark at 4:00 p.m. So we'll be swimming with Erin & Jill. We'll see you at Wednesday's game, Kevin. Now you know which night you're sure to win.

Big Bad Bob had a good idea. Really - he did. We go to the concert at Willow park on Sunday nights, and I spend a lot of time critiqueing how people are dressed - you know, because I'm so perfect myself. (If anyone's reading this who doesn't know me, I'm making fun of myself) Like there's this woman who I believe in her mind is a Marilyn Monroe look-alike, and she wears a really tight tank top and short shorts. And she's got these stomach rolls you wouldn't believe. She's a sight. And last night there was a woman around 35 or so with long pig-tails wearing this red checked puffy sleeved dress with a real flouncy three tiered skirt, and if that wasn't bad enough, she was also wearing an apron. But they're both good dancers. And I could go on and on and on. We here's BBB's idea - take the camera!!! So from now on on Monday's I'm going to post some dancers - without heads or faces, of course. Some of these people are truly helping to keep Louisville wierd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will make for a great photo story. I am looking forward to it. I started a quilt and already have made a mistake. Early enough to change over though. I am just getting my feet wet. I am have a ball with this blogging. I had a real tea party Friday for the virtual tea party on Saturday. Been having fun reading the Tabler family too. I loved that picture of you on your last blog.

Bad Bob said...

Taking pictures without the heads should be pretty easy for you..just try to take a normal picture!

Anonymous said...

Is anyone game enough to go to Willow Park on Sunday nights dressed in really weird outfits so Bad Bob and the Headless Photographer can get some good shots? Aw, c'mon...