Monday, July 13, 2009

Movie Picks

I figured I might as well do movie picks, also. I have to go with Gone with the Wind, with the handsome Rhett, and Scarlett, deciding she would "worry about that tomorrow." Scarlett certainly could charm the men. And my list wouldn't be complete with Alfred Hitchcock - so I'll pick Rear Window, with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly. Alfred Hitchcock was a genius, in my book. I loved his movies. I need to put The Fugitive in here, with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones, just because it's a movie I always enjoy watching, or even watching parts of. And of course, I require a Christmas movie - so it's Miracle on 34th Street - the l947 version with Natalie Wood and John Payne and Maureen O'Hara. And my next pick, believe it or not, is the fairly new "Chicago." That musical was thoroughly entertaining. Poor Roxie Hart and Velma Kelly. The dancing and songs were great - can't beat 'All That Jazz.' So those are my five picks.

5 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I've been trying to edit my post to read "without" Alfred Hitchcock" and it won't take. Darn!! I'll keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl. Just about time I think I have a process down I try it again and can't do it again. Can't remember anything without writing it down.
QMM

Bad Bob said...

One thing about making your own picks, you can't be wrong! I like 4 of the 5 picks. I never even believed "The Fugitive" was Harrison Ford's best movie. I liked the movie, but would be far from being in my top 100 movies.

Kevin said...

Your two lists together make one heck of a top ten list.
My only quarrel is that neither of you had room for Casablanca. I watch it every six months or so and always love it.
My initial impulse would also been to have included one of the Godfather movies, but I don't know which one (II, maybe?) so I guess maybe not.

Kevin said...

"would also been" ???? That's lovely.