Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just chatting

I came down to check out the posts and decided to write, even though nothing has been going on. I've walked every day this week, that's good. I've been walking with Jeanie again, and that makes the walk go faster. Anytime there's someone to talk to while I'm walking, I don't realize how long and far I'm walking because my mind's on the talking, and Jeanie's fun anyway. (She's the one who had the job cooking for the lady for $l,000 a week, three meals a week, then cooked something the lady didn't like and got fired). She always has a story to tell.

Judy and I had lunch at the Shady Lane Cafe Tuesday - a really cute soup and sandwich cafe on Brownsboro Road. Do you think we talked about Erin and Jill at all? Among many other topics, I must admit. It was quite enjoyable.

I've caught up with a lot of phone calls today - Judy Ilari, who just had shoulder surgery again; Chris - who's mother is quite sick - and who's entire family is off the wall dysfunctional; talked to Julie; talked to Kathy yesterday; talked to Alice for a short time; started another quilt, along with working some more on the applique quilt. Thought about painting the downstairs bathroom. Checked with the library to see what progress I've made on the list of people reserving books for the book I want to read - I'm no. one now. I shopped at Target for essentials and non-essentials. Cleaned the upholstery on a chair. Thought about painting the downstairs bathroom. Read Leo and Newsweek. Talked to Marie next door about the quilt she's working on (she designs her own (show off). Talked to Brian on the phone, and Jean on the phone. Thought about painting the downstairs bathroom. I e'mailed back and forth with Linda Jansing over and over and over.

Have I lulled anyone to sleep yet? Does anyone want to come over and paint that bathroom?
The weird thing is, my days fly by sooooo fast. I really enjoy them. And it seems like I do a lot of nothing. Except it's a lot of nothing that I enjoy - reading, quilting, walking, talking to friends, or anyone in the family, or spending time with Erin or Jill. But really - any takers on that bathroom? Seriously, I think I might paint it next week.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

What bathroom?

Anonymous said...

Awww, I like reading about how much you think about painting the downstairs bathroom...
Judy