Monday, August 10, 2009

Five Years Ago

Happy Birthday to the cutest, smartest, most adorable five year old on the face of the earth. I can't believe it's been five years. I spent so long in the delivery room, but close to delivery, it was requested that fewer people be present. Len and I were standing outside the delivery room door, and were told we couldn't stand in the hallway. I thought we'd then proceed to the waiting room, where Bobby was, but that isn't how Len was thinking at all. He said, "they didn't say we couldn't 'walk' in the hallway. So we paced outside the door. Everytime someone would come down the hall, we'd act like we were walking away, then would quickly make out way back to the door to listen. Finally! we heard a baby cry. Erin Rose Tabler.

Later --early morning hours, Judy and I went across the street to Denny's to get Mark and Kim something to eat, and I believe we floated across the street. I believe Erin has had us floating ever since.

I have a certain photo in mind of Bobby and I holding Erin in the hospital for the first time, and the smiles on our faces speak volumes. We must have known what a wonderful five years it was going to be. Can't wait for the next five, and the next five, and the next.....

4 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

oops...I think it should be Bobby and 'me' holding Erin.... oh well.

Bad Bob said...

The first time I saw Erin, only a couple of minutes old, She Stared right back at me and I could tell she was thinking "Hey, that's my Grandpa!" Only a couple of minutes old and eyes wide open and fully alert.

Judith Bowman said...

This beautiful little baby brought new life to us all...and what could be as wonderful? Another just a few months later!! This birthday girl and her sister are the luckiest to have such kind, devoted parents and loving family members like...well, like all of us. Absolutely wonderful.

KimT said...

You all are the best . . .