Wednesday, August 5, 2009

playing tourists




When Bobby and I were downtown Sunday, we thought the stretch of Main Street we were on looked very touristy and pretty so we snapped some photos. The one of me with Daniel Boone is how we would have looked if it had been taken yesterday - we would have been floating on our sides right down the street. The one of Bobby is at Mrs. Potter's Coffee Shop. The little ironing boards are tables to sit and have your coffee, and the other spot is an area typical of a spot at each corner where you can wait for the trolley.
On another subject, Brother Ben called yesterday to see if the Goddard Hill had washed away. And Julie had been looking at pictures of Louisville flooding on the internet. That's two siblings heard from. I'm assuming Mark's head is also above water. Guess I'll give him a call today just for the heck of it.
Needless to say, Grandparents' day at the waterpark yesterday was a wash, but we got to spend the day with Erin and Jill anyway. Talked to Kevin - he was going by the softball field to check it out and had lots of phone calls to make, and we talked to Brian about the apartment fire so close to his apartment. I'm getting ready to read the other blogs - I know Mark has one on here I've not read yet, then it's on with my day.


2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

Finally got the comment thing to work...love the pictures and commentary. Laughed out loud!
Judy/Nana

Judith Bowman said...

Also love it that after all these years in Louisville, you two still played "tourist." That's too cute.