Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday with Erin and Jill




We asked Erin and Jill to spend Saturday with us and I'll fill you in on how a few things went. Of course, you already know we enjoyed it tremendously. We went to the playground down by the riverfront by Tumbleweed, and ended up staying only about 20 minutes because it was so hot, but had fun. We neglected to put sunscreen on the girls and didn't take anything to drink ( are we new at this or something?) so we had to come home and indulge in popsicles to cool off.
Erin taught us how to play the wally wallaby rhyming game. We were a little slow catching on, and I could see her little mind thinking, "gee, I certainly didn't get my intelligence from these two." But once the game got going, had a lot of fun with it. Actually, I think the problem was that we had a little trouble understanding just what she was saying. I'll go with that.
Jill placed a baby doll under her shirt and told us she had a new baby coming. Presto, the baby dropped to the floor - the baby had arrived. (no doula services were needed here, thank you)
When asked if the baby was a boy or girl, she had the same answer Erin had a year or so ago about knowing if a baby was a boy or a girl - she had to wait and see what kind of hair it had.
They were the perfect little visitors yesterday. I guess because they're perfect.
While writing this, I checked the dictionary to make sure I was spelling popsicles and wallaby correctly, because you know how when you look at a word and it suddenly doesn't look right, and wallaby is in this dictionary, but popsicle isn't. I think that's rather odd.


2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

On the picture where all 3 girls are making faces, Erin said "that is the face Jill makes when she's mad at me".

Mark said...

Hmm, I actually don’t know about the wally wallaby rhyming game.

Last night, after I got the girls out of the bath, I had Jill all wrapped up in towels, including a little one for her hair. I told her, “Go show Mommy how cute you look!”

Jill replied in an annoyed voice, “She already knows.”