Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quilt Block 11 and Small Talk

I completed this block 11 a few weeks ago, and also redid block one, some of it for the third time. And I am now happy with block one. I'm working on block twelve, and also have repair work to do to block two, then will start the border. I've also started another quilt, a rather time consuming project, which has little dolls on it wearing dresses, aprons and pinafores, with little sleeves and bloomers which I actually have to sew little folds into to make them a little puffy...a little time consuming, but fun. The little dresses get cut in half and re-matched to make them more colorful, so I'm going to wait until Erin and Jill are here for their help, thinking it's something they might enjoy doing since it's going to be a quilt they can use when they're having a sleepover here.

On another topic, two churches here in Louisville are merging - Shively Heights Baptist Church and St. Paul Missionary Baptist. One is predominantly white, the other black, and this made national news and was on Good Morning America this morning. I had to chuckle when the anchor guy announced it Shivly...with a short i...in Louisville, KY.

Bobby and I had dinner with Jean and Frank last night. We ate at Cheddars and had a chance to catch up a little and had a very pleasant evening.

Friday we went to the fair with Mark, Kim, Erin, Jill and Pam. First of all, Mark and Kim picked us up at the house, and they were on time. That really threw us off, we rushed out the door, and we went off without our camera, without a cell phone, I didn't have a chance to use the restroom, we neglected to turn off the television, we left the iron plugged in, the tub overflowed...well, I'm stretching the truth a little, but we really did go off without the camera. I mean, who knew they'd show up at 3:30. Really. So that's why I don't have any fair pictures. And yes, I know I'm being a smart alec.
We had so much fun at the fair. On the way there I asked Jill if she was going to ride the ferris wheel, and boy, in a loud determined voice she let the entire car know that "no, she didn't like ferris wheels." She did, however, ask me to go down this large slide with her, where you use this burlap bag to sit on. So we went down, Jill on my lap, and if you could have heard her scream..."Aaaaaaaaahhh"at the top of her lungs going down. I couldn't see her face to see if was fear or delight. I was told it was sooo cute, she was smiling big time. And Erin seemed to like just about everything. She loves to go round and round, going fast. She came down the slide by herself right behind Jill and me. And Erin got such a kick out of a little bunny that was bucking and kicking in it's cage..she just giggled while she watched it...so cute.

The concert at Willow Park has Blues music tonight, so we're opting out. But next week is Salsa music - can't miss that one.

2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

Love the block, Mary Lynn! And I can't wait to see the one with the little dolls - how cute! Erin and Jill will love 'working' on it with you. Sounds like you all had fun at the fair. Pam sent a picture of Erin on a ride - have you seen it? And good thing Jill enjoyed her ride down the slide with you. Ha! Do you and Bobby Catch you later.plan on dancing next Sunday at the Salsa concert? I'm getting a group together to come over if you are!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

We're going to Salsa concert - but probably just to watch and snap pictures. Haven't salsa danced for a long time.