Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flower Garden Quilt completed

My flower garden quilt is complete, and considering that I thought it would take me years to finish this quilt, fourteen months was pretty good time. And I did another quilt in this time, also. I'm sort of sad that it's done because it was so much fun to work on. But now it's time to start another project, and that's always fun. This is definitely one of my favorites.
I hand quilted in the ditch around the seams, and around all the flowers, and feel that sets off the flowers and gives the quilt the right amount of quilting. The backing is pieced with all the fabrics used in the various flowers on the quilt - it makes for a colorful backing - quite pretty if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

jrb said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE the red (and I am deathly afraid of bright colors, just ask Kim)

Great job!!

Brian said...

Very pretty..just like my Mother.

Kevin said...

This quilt kicks ass- just like my mother.