Friday, October 29, 2010

This, That & Everything

Don't have anything special, but feel like blogging, so here goes. Last night Bobby and I ate supper out, then went to a 2-hour seminar on medicare. Wow!!! Do we know how to live it up or what. But it was informative, expecially since I knew absolutely nothing about the process or about medicare. Now, at least, I retained a little information. Bobby, of course, will be on medicare before me because he's Older than me, and always will be!!!!

Then we went by Brian's softball game. We got there during his second game, got to watch him bat, and then only stayed a very short time. It was so cold and windy. But Julie was there for the duration. What a trooper she was out in that chilly night. Still don't know if he won the second game or not (the one we were watching). If so, he was going to be playing the third game. Hope they won. But I'm sure Julie was frozen. Brian also dropped the necklace by the house that I''d ordered at Julie's jewelry party. I love it. Thank's Brian for bring it by. If I'd known we were going to be at your game, I could have saved you the trip.

We had dinner last week at the Village Anchor with friends...very pricey restaurant. But lots of fun. I've actually been doing a little Christmas shopping here and there. And tomorrow night Erin and Jill are sleeping over - which is always fun. Baking bread again today - isn't that interesting to know? I'm reading The Fall of Giants, which has started out really good and holding my interest, thankfully, since it has almost 1,000 pages. Finished Game Change, which was really interesting. The renovation on the house next door goes on and on. They're spending thousands of dollars on it. And we think the big tree in their yard is scheduled to be cut down soon. Good to know because in a storm we're always afraid of the branches that fall from it.
Ben sent me some newspaper clippings about him and his opponent running for metro council there in Florida. He called and said it was supposed to be a very close race.

Well, I'm off to the grocery. Reading this was a couple of minutes you'll never get back.

No comments: