Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Front Porch Tuesday

First of all, I'm finally able to get a comment on the blogs again. I don't know why...I didn't fix anything...just waited a few days and tried again and the problem took care of itself. Anyway, last Tuesday was the 2nd front porch Tuesday. In the Tyler Park neighborhood, the even side of the street invites neighbors over to sit on the porch one week in May, then the odd side of the street hosts the next week. Last week we were sitting out with Rebecca, Susan, Patty, Judd, Kenny, Judy, etc, Etc.. and Patty was telling an amusing story about a neighbor who has just moved. This neighbor grew everything under the sun in her yard...flowers, herbs, etc...the entire yard is taken over - no grass anywhere. She had an abundance of something Patty wanted a cutting of. When Patty asked if she'd mind giving her a cutting, this neighbor replied..."I don't think so." This neighbor's house isn't sold yet - it's 2 houses to our left if you're looking at our house. Anyway, then Susan was telling us she'd e'mailed this neighbor asking her for some ginger which is growing abundantly in the front yard and never got a reply to the e'mail. The house is empty and not sold yet, and Bobby, Susan and I walked down to look around the yard, and I pulled up some of the ginger and gave it to Susan. She now has some "hot" ginger.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog today. That is a very nice practice with your neighbors. Many people have mentioned trouble with their blog connections. Mary Lynn, I messed up my main blog trying to do something, but it is me.
Peggy

Mark said...

I got half way through reading this post and was convinced it was going to end with you saying that Patty was accidentally asking for a cutting of a marijuana plant.

Judith Bowman said...

Love it, love it. Amazing how many "hot" plants are in the vicinity of 1414 Goddard. Now, where exactly is the ginger located?

Brian said...

I thought "Hot" Ginger was on Gilligan's Island