Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Yardsales

First of all, I hope I'm able to publish this. For the past few days I've been trying to comment on various posts and haven't been able to for some reason. I can't figure out what the problem is. My comment just won't take. So I'll see how this goes.

Anyway, so far this year I'm shut out at the yard sales...haven't bought a single thing. I don't know if the sales aren't as good as they used to be, or if I'm just in that frame of mind where I don't really need anything and would rather get rid of "stuff" rather than add to what I already have. But my last stop today was going to be right here on Goddard where there was a yard sale at 9:00. When I left at 7:30, they hadn't started yet. And the sign at the corner was a rather "low class" advertisement for the sale reading "Big Ass" yard sale with the address. So I decided I wasn't going to go to their sale anyway because their sign was so tacky. But, of course, on my way past their house I thought what the heck, I'll stop and see what they have-Until I got to their front yard. The sale was in the back, but on the front porch a woman was sitting, reading a book, with a sign posted on a gate..."No Trespassing on porch steps." So I just turned around and left, figuring my first instincts were right. I certainly wouldn't want to step in the wrong place or give these creeps a penny, no matter what they had to sell.

This is the same house, but probably different people, who knows, that years ago when we had a block party wouldn't let anyone set anything up in front of their house. Friendly, friendly, friendly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you not comment on the boys or my blog? Several other bloggers made comments yesterday that there was some trouble on the web, for a while. You might try again later.
QMM

Mark said...

They sound like classy folks. I'd have been inclined to skip them, too, although now I'm curious was to what they had set out. You could have gone and made snide comments about it ("These little ceramic Santa figurines are so tacky! I suppose these are your extras that you don't need?"). By the way, if you see a tool box or tackle box at a yard sale, would you mind getting it for me? I need something else to keep paints and inks in.