Sunday, May 3, 2009

"Hot Flower" definition

The term "Hot flower" originated here on Goddard Avenue. It's a Mexican primrose; however, the ones on Goddard Avenue and Queen Annes Court, in Louisville, and the ones in Grove Port Ohio and New Smyrna Beach, Florida are hot flowers. These flowers came by this name because the tenders of these flower beds are now partners in crime. You see, a certain thief, who shall remain nameless, "swiped" one small primrose from a yard, "actually WAY WAY WAY out by the sidewalk while walking on Eastern Parkway a few years ago, planted it by the birdbath, and now they've spread everywhere -- on the hillside in the back, in the sideyard, nextdoor, and are taking up residence in other states - by the name "Hot Flower" - because the original was "HOT," or stolen.( this is in response to Peggy's question - what is a hot flower?)

Make sure to jump ahead to my next blog and see the derby party pictures. I'll post more party photos tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Derby Hat Jill has on.
Hope I didn't get the name mixed up.I think Jill is the oldest.

Anonymous said...

Mary Lynn, check out some of the blogs I have found during the rainy days. Many are quilters.

Anonymous said...

Check out what Dwight did to my blog header.