Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On My Walk Yesterday

On my walk yesterday, cutting through the mall parking lot on the way home, was parked a gold 1970 Plymouth Satellite. Now, you don't see many of those around anymore. It was so big. It sort of reminded me of the few weeks when I drove Big Ugh. Does anyone besides Julie remember Big Ugh? It was her then sister-in-law Carolyn's car. But I have to admit that I don't remember myself why I had it - only that I did. Once you drove that car, you just don't forget it. The only reason it reminded me of Big Ugh was the size.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our 57 chevy we called "The Tank." The brakes finally went out and thank goodness, John was driving, not me. Beth learned to drive a straight shift in a red Jeep that Tom had. If we had to take her to school, cause she missed the bus, we made her drive. Boy she would cry out loud, because she was sure one of her schoolmates would see her chugging along.

Mark said...

I remember Big Ugh.

Kevin said...

Me too. I wonder why I remember that. And I don't remember for sure why you had it, though I'm thinking you and Dad had only one car at the time and Carolyn wasn't going to be needing Big Ugh for awhile for some reason.

And nice blocks. I read 'On My Walk Yesterday' Wednesday but completely missed the Monday post.