Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SATURDAY'S SLEEPOVER


Saturday night we had a sleepover. Erin took the picture of Jill sitting on the steps with the animals - good picture taking. And there is one each of them in their pj's, having a snack while watching a movie, and the last of Erin while they'd been playing in the basement. I was going to sleep downstair with them, and Bobby upstairs, but Jill requested Grampy stay in the room with them. He hated that, you can just imagine. And Sunday morning they witnessed me stomping a cricket to death. Erin asked what I was doing and I told her I was killing the cricket. She wanted to know, 'Why?' At their house insects get delivered safely to the outside. Not here, boy. I either stomp them or drown them in Raid. And I wasn't turning my back on that cricket while I went upstairs to find the Raid. Hopefully they've forgotten that little incident and I've not scarred them for life.


Another cute little story (I think???) Jill was working a puzzle on the floor; Erin was riding a little riding toy and wanted Jill to move the puzzle out of her way. Jill wouldn't move it. So here's the story I got from Erin. She came into the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth.

"Mimi...I asked Jill to move her puzzle out of the way for me. I was pretending my foot was broken and I needed to get through on my car and Jill wouldn't cooperate and I had to move her puzzle forcefully." So Erin and I had a little talk about moving Jill's things forcefully, and then I checked on Jill to see how she handled having her puzzle "forcefully" moved out of the way.

Anyway, as usual, they were lots of fun.


On another matter, I've joined a sit and sew group with four other ladies, taking turns going to each others' houses once a month and working on our quilts and it's really fun seeing the quilts other people are working on, and the ones they've made over the years. October is the third month for this group and they come here on the 30th. It's really enjoyable and I've already picked up some sewing and quilting tips.




2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judith Bowman said...

ML, your blog is a hoot - especially with more tales of the Tabler girls. Have you ever had more fun or little surprises in one evening as with these two?!