Saturday, October 3, 2009

Quilt Progression



These are two pictures of six flower blocks that I have pieced together so far, and I may get the other six pieced onto it this weekend. Maybe...it's a slow process. The blocks are pieced together with nine different red fabrics cut on the diagonal, and a green fabric block that was used in the stems. So far, so good. And then I'll start appliqueing the flowers for the border. I'm beginning to think I'll live to see this quilt completed, and hopefully a few more. Each of these blocks is fourteen and a half by fourteen and a half. So plus the sashing and the border, it will be about 79 inches or so by 79 inches or so.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

I've helped a lot on this one. Every time I see her working on it I get out of the way and let her work. Without my cooperation she wouldn't have near as much done.

Judith Bowman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Mary Lynn. What a beautiful quilt! And it's so neat to see the progress each time you put it on your blog.