Saturday, March 13, 2010

Six Generations


I thought it would be fun to post one person from these six generations. Top left is Erin, now 5 1/2 years old. Next to her is her daddy,(my son) Mark Tabler, born in 1969. On that picture, he's 12 years old. Next to him is me, Mary Lynn Wagner Tabler born in 1946. I'm only 20 in that picture. Lower left is my dad, Ben Wagner, born in 1914, the photo taken in 1937. He was being quite silly. Next to him is his dad, George W. Wagner born in 1881. This is his first communion picture, so I'm guessing he was 7 or 8 years old in this picture. And the last photo takes us full circle to Erin's great- great- great- grandmother, born in 1861, died in 1959, and we have quite a few photos of us taken together. She'd be at our family picnics, come to our house for dinner, and I think it's so awesome that I knew my great-grandmother, born so long ago, and now get to share my life with my granddaughters.
Next I'm going to pull some old photos and play "name that baby." Look for it in the days to come! Or maybe just name that person. Who knows!

Thanks to Kevin's comment, I'm editing this blog. My great-grandmother isn't trying to keep her name secret. She was Mary Louise Fortman Wagner. Good comment!











3 comments:

Kevin said...

What, does my great-great grandmother wish to remain anonymous? Everyone else in the post gets their name in the credits.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Good comment, Kevin. I edited my blog.

Judith Bowman said...

Mary Lynn, these pictures are wonderful. To have six generations of pics, to have known your great grandmother and now your granddaughters is wonderful!