Friday, March 5, 2010

Bobby's Birthday Cake

Luckily, the cakes I bake taste better than they look. Usually they're called earthquake cakes; however, this one has already been called the Chili earthquake cake. Here's hoping it holds together until we officially slice into it tomorrow. Every time I check on it, the craters are a little larger. Apparently there've been some aftershocks in our kitchen. And there's a top on this cake plate, which I removed for the picture. I don't have to worry about the cake sliding onto the counter. I could do sheet cakes, but there's no challenge in that! And anyway, Bobby likes his cakes to look like this.

4 comments:

Brian said...

God must have been angry about your pact with the Devil and decided to punish your baking. That's what Pat Robertson is saying anyway. Have their been any milk tsunami warnings issued in your kitchen?

Bad Bob said...

This quake measured 9.4 on the Richter scale. The New Madrid Fault won't be due for another quake this size for a long time now!

Mark said...

They always taste crackin' good, so I hold you faultless. Are your plates tectonic?

Connie said...

the cake that fall apart makes the best cake enjoy!