Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Hooked Rugs



Not having completed another quilt yet, I decided to post the rugs I've hooked, just for the fun of it. They're hooked out of 100% wool. The the top rug shown is titled City Scape, and is 32"by 42" and the Bunny Rug is 29" x 40". I'm putting the final border on my applique quilt today, which means that I'll start quilting it within the next few days. I''ve occasionally been picking up the cross-stitch quilt I've been working on just for variety, but am pretty sure that I'll start another rug within the next few weeks. It's fun to have a few different projects going at once. I already have the monks cloth, which is the backing fabric I prefer. It has a tight enough weave, but is easy to work with.

2 comments:

KimT said...

These rugs are so great and they look great in your house. I LOVE them! I think I would love to do this sometime, when all my knitting projects are done. Ha. Ha. hahahahaha. Maybe I won't wait *that* long!

Judith Bowman said...

These are gorgeous, Mary Lynn. What IS your secret to getting so many neat projects finished...!