Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blogging Because Kevin said I have to

Kevin said I haven't blogged for awhile, so I said I'd try to make the mundane things I'd done lately sound interesting. Here goes... When I was in Kroger, I was purchasing Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Salt and their SPECIAL was 2 10OZ. boxes for $3.00. Right next to that was a 22 OZ. box for $2.69. Hmmmm....These specials are somethings else, aren't they?

Last Sunday We had breakfast at Wild Eggs with Dub and Linda, and boy does that restaurant do a wopping business. No wonder they've opened a second location. We could have sat and talked for hours but knew people were waiting for tables. On the 21st we had dinner at the Come Back Inn with Jerry and Cathy Blandford, and this restaurant without a doubt has the best Italian Hot Browns to be found. (this is my paragraph about food) and On Tuesday I had lunch at Marks Feed Store with Kim, Judy, Erin and Jill, and I've never been able to eat an entire Bar-b-Q sandwich there. But darn if Erin didn't down the entire thing, along with corn and some fries. That little girl can really eat, and she's as big as a toothpick.

And this is why I haven't blogged lately.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Nice looking quilt! And gripping anecdotes, too. Keep 'em coming. --Mark

Anonymous said...

MARY LYNN, PLEASE KEEP ON POSTING. PLEASE DON'T FEEL WHAT YOU DO IS NOT INTERESTING TO SOMEONE. I LOVE THE STORIES OF EVERYDAY LIFE AND THE QUILT IS OUTSTANDING. THE FUNERAL WE WENT TO YESTERDAY POINTS OUT THE FACT THAT EVERYDAY LIFE IS OBVIOUSLY VERY IMPORTANT.IN FACT AS THE GRANDCHILDREN READ IN CHURCH THE LIFE THINGS THEY REMEMBER THEIR GRANDMA FOR.

Kevin said...

A riveting account! I love good meals, even those eaten by someone else. I liked the grocery story, too. A few months ago I noticed that two half-gallons of milk were 45 cents cheaper than a full gallon. I had to fight my impulse to tackle the people I saw carrying full gallons.
I, too, am impressed with the quilt-work.