Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Second Quilt Block - finally


Well, it took long enough, but that's because I redid the first block I did. I wasn't happy with it. And I did this one twice. But I've learned from my mistakes, so that's good. The blocks are 12 inch squares, and there will be twelve of them, hopefully, sewn together with multicolored red fabrics cut on the diagonal, also with a flowered border. I'm hoping the rest of the quilt will go a little more quickly, but if it doesn't, it doesn't. And the little blue buttons on the center of the flowers aren't the right size. Each flower center gets a button; I'm going for lime green on these, and smaller blue on the small flowers. But these small blue buttons or a tiny bit too big for the small flowers. I've already removed these. It's great fun working on this quilt. I can't wait to start the next flower block.

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

I'm making a prediction. I'll find my first silver coin before this quilt is finished! The race is on!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I am envious of your quilting talents. See my blog for book I read this weekend.

Mark said...

Very pretty! I really like it.