Thursday, March 12, 2009

A chat with Erin & Jill

I picked Erin & Jill up at pre-school yesterday and brought them to our house for the afternoon. On the way home Erin mentioned that she has a new preschool assistant, Miss Amber. I told her that I bet Miss Amber was very, very nice, and she readily agreed with me that she was. Jill then chimed in, in a laughing, mimi must be silly type voice, "OF COURSE SHE'S VERY VERY NICE. SHE WOULDN'T BE VERY VERY MEAN. SHE'S A TEACHER." And I'm thinking, Oh, sweet Jill...I sure hope you'll be able to feel that way for many many years to come.
Because when I remember Sister Peter Claver or Sister James Alma, let me tell you.....I'd never describe them as very, very nice.

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Or Sister David Catherine, or Sister Mary Alphonsus......

Anonymous said...

Or Sister Mary Gertrude or Mr. Marley.....

Mark said...

Were there a lot of nuns named after male saints in the olden days? I'm not used to that.