Sunday, March 22, 2009

celebrating Brian's birthday

First of all, Happy Birthday Brian!!! Today's his real 33rd. But we celebrated yesterday and enjoyed having everyone over. I personally thought the pineapple upside cake was a little dry, but maybe it was because I usually put rum in it and left the rum out of it this time. Maybe that made the difference- I don't know. I only have half of the recipe and I wing it every time. But it was good.
Before Beth and Kevin got here, we were in the front yard doing the hula hoop. Erin and Jill had fun with it. Mark and Brian were best - Brian hula hooping with absolute ease. I was the only one who managed to fall down. But I was able to get up by myself, so I guess I'm not too bad off.
Kim watched from the front window. She probably would have fallen, too.

Erin and Jill showed us a few of the steps they've learned at ballet class. What cuties.

It's always fun, fun, fun to celebrate Brian's birthday. Every year Bobby and I reminisce about those first weeks when Brian was in the hospital. And now look- He can do that hula hoop like a pro.

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

It's hard to believe how hard it is to hoola-hoop! I remember when I used to have contests with my siblings who could do it the longest and I know we could go for 20-30 minutes!

Anonymous said...

Yep, Brian is a good hoola-hooper. The grandkids love their Uncle B and Aunt B cause they play with them.

Brian said...

First time I've the blog in awhile. Thanks again for the party. Now I know why you had all those liquor bottles under the sink for the past 30 years. You used them to spike your cakes. No wonder I get sleepy after eating at your house.